- Contains 30 grams (.9645 oz) of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin come in a capsule and beautiful velvet presentation box.
- Obverse: Depicts the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Temple of Heaven in Beijing encircled by the phrase 'People's Republic of China' in Chinese completed with the year of issue, 2017.
- Reverse: Features a single panda.
- Sovereign coin, with a face value of 10 yuan, backed by the Chinese government.
The 2018 Silver Panda is will be the 3rd year with the new weight system for this popular series. Add the 2018 30 gram Silver Chinese Panda coin to your cart today!
The Silver Pandas were first minted in 1983. The first 3 years of mintage were in proof quality condition, and had a limited mintage of 10,000 pieces for each year. No Silver Pandas were struck in 1986, but they have been minted every year since then. Each year, the design of the panda changes making them highly collectible. The only year they didn’t change design was 2002, which used the same design as 2001.
The People’s Republic of China issues and guarantees the quality of each Silver Panda coin. Silver Panda coins are minted from several mints each year. Those mints include but are not limited to Shenzhen, Shanghai and Shenyang. Unlike the U.S. Mint, these Chinese Mints do not incorporate mint marks to distinguish the difference between each mint. Instead, these mints are known for having minor differences in the design of the coin such as font size, bamboo length and designs of the temple in certain year’s mintage. With the annual change in design, and unique mint variations,silver pandas have become highly sought after by collectors and investors.